MEAL PREP: HEALTHY CHOICES AND PORTION CONTROL

I'm on my second week of meal prepping and so far the motivation is still high and I am still up to the challenge. My uncle has decided to get on board and join me in my meal preps. In fact, he accompanied me when we visited the weekend market so we could get some fresh produce. 


This is the meal plan I came up this week:



My favorite spice now is turmeric because it makes food taste delectable that can satisfy your taste buds. Turmeric is also known a curcuma longa and very closely-related to ginger. It is often referred to as the "Queen of Spices". Turmeric is used all over the globe and is much-loved by home cooks and reputable chefs alike. It has a peppery aroma and the color is gold which in turn imparts a yellow color in dishes. 

According to the Journal of the American Chemical Society, turmeric is a potent source of antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, anticarcinogenic, antimutagenic and anti-inflammatory properties. As it has many medicinal properties aside from the nutrients that it contains, turmeric is used to treat health problems. It contains protein, dietary fiber, niacin, Vitamin C, Vitamin, E, Vitamin K, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium and zinc. 





I'm excited to prep the next meals. If you are planning your weekly meals, I would love to check it out. Please comment your link in the comments section below so I can check it out. 

Follow my journey in Instagram: http://instagram.com/foodinmylunchbox
Search for these hashtags for more meal prep inspiration: #MealPrepMonday #MealPrep #MealPrepOnFleek #HealthyEating 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.